Duties & Responsibilities:
• Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
• Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
• Secures network system and connectivity by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
• Design, configure, deploy, and maintain the state enterprise security infrastructure
• Analyze problems, recommend solutions, products, and technologies to meet business objectives
• Actively protect state information technology assets and infrastructure from external or internal threats and ensure that the state complies with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy
• Implement firewall solutions to properly secure State data and provide consultation on all new firewall implementations, firewall configuration changes, and projects requiring security operational support
||Education, Training, and Library